Moto GP races Austin Texas
Postponed to November. Watch for new dates
Bill Flannery is again planning to ride to Austin, TX again this year to attend the Moto GP races. Here's a general ride plan:
- Tues, 3/31: Ride from Sahuarita, AZ to Columbus, NM (via Sonoita, Tombstone, Douglas, Portal, Animas). Lodging in Columbus: Los Milagros Hotel and Hacienda De Villa
- Wed, 4/1: Ride from Columbus, NM to Fort Davis, TX (via El Paso, TX, Valentine, TX and a loop ride around Baldy Peak). Lodging in Fort Davis: Hotel Limpia
- Thurs, 4/2: Ride from Ft Davis, TX to Sanderson, TX (via Marfa, Presidio, Terlinqua and Big Bend Nat'l Park along the beautiful Rio Grande River). Lodging in Sanderson: Desert Air Motel
- Fri, 4/3: Ride from Sanderson, TX to Austin, TX (via Sheffield, Junction and Fredericksburg). Lodging in Austin for three nights: Fri, 4/3; Sat, 4/4; Sun, 4/5: Luxurious Motel 6 Austin South-Airport (2707 Interregional Hwy S, Austin, TX)
- Sat, 4/4: At Circuit of the Americas track for Moto GP and Moto America races
- Sun, 4/5: At Circuit of Americas track for Moto GP and Moto America races
- Mon, 4/6: Ride from Austin to Van Horn, TX. Lodging Luxurious Motel 6
- Tues, 4/7: Ride from Van Horn, TX to Sahuarita, AZ or spend a night in Bisbee, AZ along the way. Final details TBD....
I purchased 5 reserved grandstand seat tickets several months ago for the folks who committed to join the ride several months ago. Seat location (in case anyone wants to buy tickets and sit in the same area as this group): Section 9, Rows 32 and 31 seats 10-12 and 11-12. Currently, I've got a group of 7 folks on the ride (3 riding down from Oregon again this year)(2 decided to buy general admission tickets instead of reserved grandstand tickets).
I've secured and reserved rooms for the group of 7 already committed to the ride. Anyone else planning on joining the ride will need to make their own room reservations. If anyone is having trouble securing a room please have them email me as I MAY have an extra bed or two available at each location...
Anyone interested in joining the ride or any part of the ride please email Bill Flannery at email@example.com and Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org. A list of those going is: